Class Email List
What is Online Journalism?
Setting up our “sandbox”
Online journalism is defined as the reporting of facts produced and distributed via the Internet. It’s interactive, participatory, spans geographical boundaries, inexpensive and fast – often, in real time: New School Journamalism.
Getting Started with Twitter: Tips To Get You Started Right
“Success in the social web is all about listening, engaging, curating and sharing” – Sree Sreenivasan
It’s not a waste of time – You control who you follow, who you list, how you tweet, what you tweet.
Getting More Out Of Twitter.
– Mobile Apps
– Desktop Clients
– Shrink Your URLs (save room for your message)
– Use Hashtags
– Understand the difference between RTs and DMs
– Use Lists
– Tweet Photos
– Searching (Twiangulate,
Wordpress Blog Setup
For Class 2:
– Read Chapters 1 and 2 of the course textbook.
– Please email your Twitter handle and blog URL to instructor by Monday: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Bring in a soft copy of a news story you’ve written, either in the past or as part of this program